A Workshop of Connection for your Relationship
June 24-25, 2017
Hold Me Tight:
Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love
by Dr. Sue Johnson
ICEEFT – International Centre for Excellence in Emotionally Focused Therapy
“Worth the time, effort and money well spent. Opened my eyes and allowed me to dig deep emotionally an understand my partner more deeply. Gives me the hope to listen and work on my marriage…”
“Do it – take the time to develop your skills with each other. It is SO worth the time. Be there for each other and commit. For me and my husband it has given us a framework to discuss difficult things and to heal old hurts.”
“I believe this would help any relationship, troubled or not. I feel it will help me forever.”
REGISTER EARLY – SPOTS ARE LIMITED – ALL WEEKENDS HAVE SOLD OUT
When: Sat./Sun. June 24-25, 2017
9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m
Who Should Come?
- couples early in their relationship
- couples in long term relationships
- couples preparing for marriage
- young, middle aged and older couples
- couples in second marriages/blended families
- same-sex couples
- couples in therapy or never in therapy
- a single person who wants relationship education!
What Will Happen?
- Presentations to the group and DVD’s of three Canadian couples with Dr. Sue Johnson, founder of EFT, alternating with Seven Private “Conversations” with your partner (therapists available as needed)
- Discover the “dance” that keeps you locked in unhappiness and distress
- Experience new conversations and the ability to repair and reconnect, repair hurt feelings, take down the walls of self-protection
- You’ll discover the art and science of staying in love is quite simple once you have a reliable road map
- learn how to stay available, responsible and emotionally engaged, the A.R.E. of safe and lasting connection
- Contribution to the group sessions welcome but not required
- Go to Podcast about a “Hold Me Tight” couples retreat (Click to peek into what happens at a retreat!) …Dr. Michelle Gannon and Dr. Sam Jinich, California EFT therapists)
- A cost effective and focused way of working on your relationship as thousands of others are doing throughout North America and abroad (a gift to your relationship!)
- $625 per couple inc. HST (early bird until May 15 – pay $50 deposit to hold your spot and balance due June 1 by email transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- ($650 inc. HST after May 15)
- (14 hours of Relationship Nurturing!)
- two lunches and all refreshments
- all workshop materials
- Please note: Cancellation more than 3 weeks prior $100 refund/Cancellation less than 3 weeks prior 50% refund/Cancellation less than 1 week prior no refund
- On your own at home
- Consider making it a weekend away (ask for recommendations upon registration)
Mary Luard MSW, RSW, RP
Certified Emotionally Focused Couples Therapist/Psychotherapist
Amanda Green MSW, RSW (Koru Couples Counselling)
FAQs/More Information about Hold Me Tight Couple Retreats
(and to read comments from couples who experienced HMT Retreats 2015-2017):
The effectiveness of Emotionally-Focused Couple Therapy (EFT) has been demonstrated in over 25 years of peer-reviewed clinical research. Its outstanding success has been heralded in many scientific journals, professional magazines and media such as the New York Times and Psychology Today.
The focus of EFT is to help partners to understand more clearly each other’s deepest emotions. Feelings are often hidden, unexpressed or misunderstood. Our relationships can be a cause of stress and pain or a source of comfort and joy. In EFT, we help couples learn how to deal with their feelings together, reach towards each other, and be responsive in more loving and positive ways.
The GREAT news is that we are now bringing the EFT model to you in our Hold Me Tight Couples Weekend Workshop that will be Effective, Safe, Supportive, and Validating. Most importantly, the weekend will be Positive, Proactive and FUN! The tools you learn will continue to serve your relationship long after this weekend.
“Romantic love is all about attachment and emotional bonding. It is all about our wired-in need to have someone to depend on, a loved one who can offer reliable emotional connection and comfort. Love is not the icing on the cake of life.It is a basic primary need, like oxygen or water. Once we understand and accept this, we can more easily get to the heart of relationship problems.” (Sue Johnson, Hold Me Tight)
Fresh Beginnings for Couples © 2014