A Workshop of Connection for your Relationship
Saturday, January 30, 2021 10:00-2:00 p.m. /Sunday, January 31 10:00-2:00 p.m.
Saturday, February 6 10:00-2:00 p.m. /Sunday, February 7 10:00-2:00 p.m.
Hold Me Tight:
Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love
by Dr. Sue Johnson
“Wish I would have participated sooner. It’s a must do for any relationship. I will be using this for my relationship with my spouse and my children. I will be doing another one when available again.
The online version helped us not be hesitant with sharing in a group environment. Being online provided more comfort and security for me to be more open and vulnerable. Thank you!“
“Hold Me Tight is like CPR. It has brought my husband and me and our relationshipback to life (in heart). And like CPR this is something that we will need to renew on a yearly basis to stay current and fresh to help keep us alive and well and in tune to each other. I highly recommend this to all couples struggling in their marriage. It is a game changer! Thank you Mary so much!“
“I have a greater understanding of my partner as a withdrawer. The workshop was helpful to help me see my responsibility in our dance and I want to be able to own that. We have talked more deeply in the past 10 days than we have in the last 14 years. It gave me the tools to understand my partner and provided me with a new perspective about how to see her and our dance.”
Who Should Participate?
- young, middle aged and older couples
- couples early in relationship
- couples in long term relationship
- couples in second marriages/blended families
- same-sex couples
- couples in therapy or never in therapy
- a single person who wants relationship education!
What Will Happen?
- Presentations to the group and DVD’s of three Canadian couples with Dr. Sue Johnson, founder of EFT, alternating with Seven Private “Conversations” with your partner (therapists available as needed)
- Discover the “dance” that keeps you locked in unhappiness and distress
- Experience new conversations and the ability to repair and reconnect, repair hurt feelings, take down the walls of self-protection
- You’ll discover the art and science of staying in love is quite simple once you have a reliable road map
- learn how to stay available, responsible and emotionally engaged, the A.R.E. of safe and lasting connection
- Contribution to the group sessions welcome but not required
- Go to Podcast about a “Hold Me Tight” couples retreat (Click to peek into what happens at a retreat!) …Dr. Michelle Gannon and Dr. Sam Jinich, California EFT therapists)
- A cost effective and focused way of working on your relationship as thousands of others are doing throughout North America and abroad (a gift to your relationship!)
- $500 per couple – pay $100 deposit to hold your spot (e-transfer to email@example.com)
Full payment due January 15, 2021
- (16 hours of Relationship Nurturing!)
- all workshop materials/professional support
- Please note: Cancellation more than 3 weeks prior 50% refund/Cancellation less than 3 weeks prior $100 refund/Cancellation less than 1 week prior no refund
Mary Luard MSW, RSW, RP
ICEEFT Certified Emotionally Focused Couples Therapist and Supervisor
To read comments from couples who experienced HMT Retreats 2015-2020:
The effectiveness of Emotionally-Focused Couple Therapy (EFT) has been demonstrated in over 25 years of peer-reviewed clinical research. Its outstanding success has been heralded in many scientific journals, professional magazines and media such as the New York Times and Psychology Today.
The focus of EFT is to help partners to understand more clearly each other’s deepest emotions. Feelings are often hidden, unexpressed or misunderstood. Our relationships can be a cause of stress and pain or a source of comfort and joy. In EFT, we help couples learn how to deal with their feelings together, reach towards each other, and be responsive in more loving and positive ways.
The GREAT news is that we are now bringing the EFT model to you in our Hold Me Tight Couples Weekend Workshop that will be Effective, Safe, Supportive, and Validating. Most importantly, the weekend will be Positive, Proactive and FUN! The tools you learn will continue to serve your relationship long after this weekend.
“Romantic love is all about attachment and emotional bonding. It is all about our wired-in need to have someone to depend on, a loved one who can offer reliable emotional connection and comfort. Love is not the icing on the cake of life.It is a basic primary need, like oxygen or water. Once we understand and accept this, we can more easily get to the heart of relationship problems.” (Sue Johnson, Hold Me Tight)
(Hold Me Tight® is a registered trademark to Sue Johnson)
Fresh Beginnings for Couples © 2014