A Workshop of Connection for your Relationship
October 5-6, 2019
Hold Me Tight:
Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love
by Dr. Sue Johnson
“I can’t recommend it highly enough! I wish we had done this retreat fifteen years ago. Understanding a love relationship in this way has helped immeasurably in understanding how to rebuild a loving, secure, bonded relationship with my husband. ”
“I feel like this weekend is a marriage game-changer. I feel like my eyes have been opened to what is actually going on beneath the surface when my husband and I get caught up in our cycle of fighting and negativity. I am so thankful to have this radical new understanding of myself and adult love.”
“Recognizing the cycle, identifying the fears and needs underlying, lead us to deep understanding, apologies, forgiveness and now we have HOPE and a feeling of a new beginning. Absolutely life changing…Saved our marriage.”
“It’s only through coming together as a couple that we can heal past pain and grow in our relationship. I’m not the problem: our avoidant cycle is.”
“This is a must to understand yourself and your partner – a true union of “self”- this should be taught in primary school.”
When: Sat./Sun. Oct. 5-6, 2019
9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m
Conrad Grebel College
University of Waterloo
140 Westmount Road North
Who Should Come?
- young, middle aged and older couples
- couples early in relationship
- couples in long term relationship
- couples in second marriages/blended families
- same-sex couples
- couples in therapy or never in therapy
- a single person who wants relationship education!
What Will Happen?
- Presentations to the group and DVD’s of three Canadian couples with Dr. Sue Johnson, founder of EFT, alternating with Seven Private “Conversations” with your partner (therapists available as needed)
- Discover the “dance” that keeps you locked in unhappiness and distress
- Experience new conversations and the ability to repair and reconnect, repair hurt feelings, take down the walls of self-protection
- You’ll discover the art and science of staying in love is quite simple once you have a reliable road map
- learn how to stay available, responsible and emotionally engaged, the A.R.E. of safe and lasting connection
- Contribution to the group sessions welcome but not required
- Go to Podcast about a “Hold Me Tight” couples retreat (Click to peek into what happens at a retreat!) …Dr. Michelle Gannon and Dr. Sam Jinich, California EFT therapists)
- A cost effective and focused way of working on your relationship as thousands of others are doing throughout North America and abroad (a gift to your relationship!)
- $650 per couple (inc. HST) ($625 early bird until Aug. 15, 2019 – pay $100 deposit to hold your spot (e-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org). Balance due Sept. 1, 2019 by email transfer to email@example.com)
- (16 hours of Relationship Nurturing!)
- two lunches and all refreshments
- all workshop materials/professional support
- Please note: Cancellation more than 3 weeks prior 50% refund/Cancellation less than 3 weeks prior $100 refund/Cancellation less than 1 week prior no refund
- On your own at home
- Consider making it a weekend away (ask for recommendations upon registration)
Mary Luard MSW, RSW, RP
Certified Emotionally Focused Couples Therapist and Supervisor-C
To read comments from couples who experienced HMT Retreats 2015-2018):
The effectiveness of Emotionally-Focused Couple Therapy (EFT) has been demonstrated in over 25 years of peer-reviewed clinical research. Its outstanding success has been heralded in many scientific journals, professional magazines and media such as the New York Times and Psychology Today.
The focus of EFT is to help partners to understand more clearly each other’s deepest emotions. Feelings are often hidden, unexpressed or misunderstood. Our relationships can be a cause of stress and pain or a source of comfort and joy. In EFT, we help couples learn how to deal with their feelings together, reach towards each other, and be responsive in more loving and positive ways.
The GREAT news is that we are now bringing the EFT model to you in our Hold Me Tight Couples Weekend Workshop that will be Effective, Safe, Supportive, and Validating. Most importantly, the weekend will be Positive, Proactive and FUN! The tools you learn will continue to serve your relationship long after this weekend.
“Romantic love is all about attachment and emotional bonding. It is all about our wired-in need to have someone to depend on, a loved one who can offer reliable emotional connection and comfort. Love is not the icing on the cake of life.It is a basic primary need, like oxygen or water. Once we understand and accept this, we can more easily get to the heart of relationship problems.” (Sue Johnson, Hold Me Tight)
(Hold Me Tight® is a registered trademark to Sue Johnson)
Fresh Beginnings for Couples © 2014