A Workshop of Connection for your Relationship
February 8-9, 2020
Hold Me Tight:
Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love
by Dr. Sue Johnson
“Would recommend this weekend as a wedding gift to every couple and as a retreat for every other couple.”
“We have engaged other “couple counsellors” over the years from time to time. But – we never engaged or could find a “program”. This was the key for us – being able to name things” and to rely on “templates” as a way of talking, not dealing with one issue at a time Thank you Mary! An excellent weekend.”
“It helped us access language and emotion that we were unaware of. To hear [my husband] share things from his life that I have never heard allowed me to find the capacity to stay there and reach for him. I felt like I was meeting more of him…and I loved it!”
“I feel every couple I know could and should go through a Hold Me Tight workshop. I honestly had no idea how and why things were going so wrong over and over. I can honestly say that this workshop has completely reshaped my understanding and my perspective and my hope that we cannot only survive but we can thrive. The trauma of the past had left me feeling incredibly unsafe and insecure and now I feel I can be vulnerable and compassionate to [my partner]. I want to be his person and I know we can do this. Thank you!”
When: Sat./Sun. Feb. 8-9, 2020
9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m
St. Paul’s College
University of Waterloo
190 Westmount Road North
Who Should Come?
- young, middle aged and older couples
- couples early in relationship
- couples in long term relationship
- couples in second marriages/blended families
- same-sex couples
- couples in therapy or never in therapy
- a single person who wants relationship education!
What Will Happen?
- Presentations to the group and DVD’s of three Canadian couples with Dr. Sue Johnson, founder of EFT, alternating with Seven Private “Conversations” with your partner (therapists available as needed)
- Discover the “dance” that keeps you locked in unhappiness and distress
- Experience new conversations and the ability to repair and reconnect, repair hurt feelings, take down the walls of self-protection
- You’ll discover the art and science of staying in love is quite simple once you have a reliable road map
- learn how to stay available, responsible and emotionally engaged, the A.R.E. of safe and lasting connection
- Contribution to the group sessions welcome but not required
- Go to Podcast about a “Hold Me Tight” couples retreat (Click to peek into what happens at a retreat!) …Dr. Michelle Gannon and Dr. Sam Jinich, California EFT therapists)
- A cost effective and focused way of working on your relationship as thousands of others are doing throughout North America and abroad (a gift to your relationship!)
- $650 per couple (inc. HST) ($625 early bird until Dec. 15, 2019 – pay $100 deposit to hold your spot (e-transfer to email@example.com). Balance due January 10, 2020 by email transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- (16 hours of Relationship Nurturing!)
- two lunches and all refreshments
- all workshop materials/professional support
- Please note: Cancellation more than 3 weeks prior 50% refund/Cancellation less than 3 weeks prior $100 refund/Cancellation less than 1 week prior no refund
- On your own at home
- Consider making it a weekend away (ask for recommendations upon registration)
Mary Luard MSW, RSW, RP
Certified Emotionally Focused Couples Therapist and Supervisor-C
To read comments from couples who experienced HMT Retreats 2015-2019:
The effectiveness of Emotionally-Focused Couple Therapy (EFT) has been demonstrated in over 25 years of peer-reviewed clinical research. Its outstanding success has been heralded in many scientific journals, professional magazines and media such as the New York Times and Psychology Today.
The focus of EFT is to help partners to understand more clearly each other’s deepest emotions. Feelings are often hidden, unexpressed or misunderstood. Our relationships can be a cause of stress and pain or a source of comfort and joy. In EFT, we help couples learn how to deal with their feelings together, reach towards each other, and be responsive in more loving and positive ways.
The GREAT news is that we are now bringing the EFT model to you in our Hold Me Tight Couples Weekend Workshop that will be Effective, Safe, Supportive, and Validating. Most importantly, the weekend will be Positive, Proactive and FUN! The tools you learn will continue to serve your relationship long after this weekend.
“Romantic love is all about attachment and emotional bonding. It is all about our wired-in need to have someone to depend on, a loved one who can offer reliable emotional connection and comfort. Love is not the icing on the cake of life.It is a basic primary need, like oxygen or water. Once we understand and accept this, we can more easily get to the heart of relationship problems.” (Sue Johnson, Hold Me Tight)
(Hold Me Tight® is a registered trademark to Sue Johnson)
Fresh Beginnings for Couples © 2014